Legitimate Life Experience Degrees

• Last Post 05 August 2014
ahmedap2003 posted this 02 August 2014 - Last edited 25 February 2016

I’m looking for an online Civil Engineering degree. I was completed my Diploma in Civil Engineering in 1999. i have more than 13+ years experience. can i get degree on my experience base. I need accreditation certificate. Please advice.

1 Comments
Kayleigh posted this 05 August 2014 - Last edited 22 October 2015

Hi there,

Thanks for your question!

There are four online colleges that offer real college credit for life and work experience:

Thomas Edison State College
Excelsior College
Charter Oak State College
Western Governers University

Each offer different options and while it is very rare to earn a 100% life experience degree, it is possible.

Most regionally accredited universities limit the number of life experience credits they will accept to 30 credits maximum (one year of college).

Both Thomas Edison State College and Excelsior College operate primarily as assessment colleges and are great options if you've had a lot of technical training that can easily be "translated" into credit hours.

Both Charter Oak State College and Western Governors University offer life experience credit through competency or challenge exams.

More on Life and Work Experience Degrees.

You'll need to speak with college admissions counselors to make sure you are eligible for life experience credit.

Best,

Kayleigh
GetEducated.com

PS -- Watch out for life experience degree scams! Anytime someone offers you a diploma based on a resume review it is probably a scam!