Barkley University

• 1.4K Views
  • Last Post 19 March 2015
mbracco posted this 21 July 2014 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Looking for information for a friend who wants to attend Barkley Universiy (National Accreditation) is what their website states. I have my degree from a Middle States Commission on Higher Education. I don't want to see her get scammed. Cannot find any information on this site about this school. Thank you

5 Comments
Kayleigh posted this 22 July 2014 - Last edited 22 October 2015

Hi,

Great question!

You state that Barkley University holds National Accreditation but it's looks like they are claiming accreditation from the following (as stated on barkleyuniversity.com):

• IACOEI (International Accreditation Commission for Online Educational Institutions)
  • AAC (Arab Accreditation Council)
  • GABDE (Global Accreditation Board For Distance Education)
  • IABETE (International Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology Education)
  • AABSP (Association for Accreditation of Business Schools and Programs)

Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong school / website. Can you add the website URL you were looking at?

Here is some information that will help regardless!

National Accreditation is "real" accreditation approved by both CHEA and the U.S. Dept. of Education. There are, however, some big differences between Regional Accreditation and National Accreditation.

SEE: Regional Vs. National Accreditation: Which is Best for Online Colleges?

Barkley University claims accreditation from some very official sounding organizations. Unfortunately, NONE of these organizations are approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education or CHEA to accredit online education.

We would NOT recommend anyone enroll in an online degree program unless their accreditation is approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education or CHEA.

SEE: Top 10 Signs of a Diploma Mill Scam
SEE: List of Fake College Accreditation Agencies

Refer your friend to GetEducated's online degree database. We pre-screen each degree program (there are over 18,000!) to make sure they hold proper accreditation so you can trust if you see it in our database, it's legit!

Best,

Kayleigh
GetEducated.com

Vvivian29 posted this 28 February 2015 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi Sorry to ask again the same question as previous person Does it mean the Barkley university doesn't have legitimate accreditation in US? Will the degree from this university useful for employment in US? Thank you so much for your reply

Kayleigh posted this 02 March 2015 - Last edited 06 August 2015

No need to apologize—it's a very confusing topic.

You are correct, Barkley University DOES NOT hold legitimate United States accreditation.

We would not advise you or anyone spend money on a "degree" that does not hold legitimate accreditation.

A diploma from a diploma mill is nothing more than a worthless piece of paper.

Employers are very aware of the degree mill epidemic and many (if not most) verify the authenticity and integrity of a potential employee's education credentials before hiring them.

SEE: Buy a Degree Online: Global Scam Exposed SEE: LinkedIn Resume Fraud: Thousands List Fake Life Experience Degrees

There are TONS of great and affordable online degree options!

What type of degree are you interested in? I can provide some affordable, accredited options.

Best,

Kayleigh GetEducated.com

Vvivian29 posted this 05 March 2015 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi I am looking for business administration degree or/ and quality control management degree with going later for MBA in quality control. It would be greatly appreciated if you can advise legitimate university with good reputation. Thank you so much

Kayleigh posted this 19 March 2015 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi,

GetEducated publishes exclusive cost rankings of the best online degrees which can help make your decision much easier.

Review these two lists: Best Online Bachelors in Business Administration Best Online Bachelors in Management

Both contain many affordable and high quality options!

Click on each degree name to view the complete profile including admission requirements, verified student & reputation reviews, and school characteristics (non-profit vs. profit, public vs. private).

Best, Kayleigh