Best Online High School

• Last Post 12 November 2012
lethomas95 posted this 11 November 2012 - Last edited 24 February 2016

Hi my name is thomas. I am looking for an online high school to do. I live in kansas city mo. I been looking at penn foster and lincoln acdemy. What do you think about those for my diploma. Please get back to me asap. Thanks.

3 Comments
VickyPhillips posted this 11 November 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi Thomas,

You do not say your age or situation, only that you are in Missouri. That being the case, we recommend you start your search for a low cost / high quality online high school in Missouri with the most trusted options:

1) The Missouri Online Virtual Instruction Program - http://www.movip.org/ This online high school is supported by your state department of education and holds regional accreditation. It offers 200+ courses. It may be a free option IF you meet strict resident guidelines.

Because this program is endorsed by your state, holds regional accreditation, and may be no cost or low cost, start your search here.

2) Check out our blog on the best online high schools from regionally accredited universities . The University of Missouri has long operated a virtual high school program. It costs $, but is very well respected.

Penn Foster and Lincoln are large for-profit online education companies.

Private for-profit high schools would cost the most to complete and would be my last option if I were looking for an online high school that is both low in cost and high in reputation.

Good Luck Vicky Phillips Founder - GetEducated.com

lethomas95 wrote:

Hi my name is thomas. I am looking for an online high school to do. I live in kansas city mo. I been looking at penn foster and lincoln acdemy. What do you think about those for my diploma. Please get back to me asap. Thanks.

lethomas95 posted this 12 November 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

I am 17. But do you think penn foster or lincoln is a scam. There expensive but heard good things what are your opions. Also could i go to a colege after i am done. I am planning to go in the state. What do you think?

vicky posted this 12 November 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hello Again,

No, I do not recommend that you attend a for profit high school such as Penn or Lincoln. Please check the online reviews and BBB complaints against these schools for some insights. If I were in your situation and were college bound I would choose the University of Missouri virtual high school OR check with your public state virtual high school program. At your age you should be able to qualify for a FREE public virtual high school program as a state resident.

All the best Vicky

lethomas95 wrote:

I am 17. But do you think penn foster or lincoln is a scam. There expensive but heard good things what are your opions. Also could i go to a colege after i am done. I am planning to go in the state. What do you think?