SITE SEARCH

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Online Organic Chemistry

Online Organic Chemistry 2 years 3 weeks ago #643

I'm looking for an online Organic Chemistry class--I do not need the lab. I was also hoping to pay <$500 for it(including all the additional fees that are being tacked on). I've checked OSU ($780), U of OK ($700) and one that was around $1000 for the class plus admission fees and sending in my vaccination record for examination (even though I'm never going to be on campus...) Just the class would be great. U of Utah has nothing. I live in Washington State but there doesn't seem to be a "holding site" for WA online classes.
  • jparker
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Online Organic Chemistry Course 2 years 3 weeks ago #644

GetEducated currently only catalogs online degree programs, and not single courses – we will begin featuring an online course catalog in 2013 -- in the meantime one of our online learning researchers did a little sleuthing for you and found several organic chemistry online courses that may help you. I think you already found and considered the first option at OSU, but here's the skinny on it and 2 other options.

1)Organic Chemistry Online Course – Oregon State University Online

Oregon State University offers organic chemistry online. These are upper-division, undergraduate courses taught by OSU's Department of Chemistry. Courses in the online sequence are Organic Chemistry 331, 332 and 337 (with a lab). The online classes are the same as OSU on-campus courses. Organic Chemistry is an upper-level series designed for pre-professional students in science and health fields. Students with majors in medicine, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, chemical engineering, as well as students not majoring in chemistry, require these additional chemistry training courses in their program of study. The lab component of the sequence, CH 337, is only offered on-site on the OSU campus. Online students have the opportunity of completing the optional lab in a short three-week session on campus during the summer term.

2) University of California Berkeley Online
Online Intro Organic Chemistry

Introductory Organic Chemistry
X18 (3 semester units in Chemistry)

Examine the compounds that comprise most living mass. Following an introduction to covalent bonding and isomerism, you move into a detailed discussion of the molecular structures and properties of various classes of organic and other biologically important compounds.

Prerequisites: One course in introductory chemistry and knowledge of basic algebra

3) University of New England Online
Online Courses Organic Chemistry I

Online Distance Organic Chemistry I is designed to meet the organic chemistry prerequisite for students who are applying for admission to health programs. Most students will have an undergraduate degree and will be in the process of a career change. The course is a one semester course with a virtual laboratory that emphasizes those aspects of organic chemistry that are relevant to the study of human health and metabolism.
To give the student interested in the health professions an introduction to organic chemistry emphasizing the concepts that will be important for and provide the basis for the subjects the student will encounter in his professional studies. These subjects include biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology and pharmacology.
The course is designed to take lecture and lab concurrently for four credits. However, you have the option to take lecture only (three credits) or lab only (one credit). You need to specify during registration that you want to take lab only or lecture only, otherwise it will be assumed that you want to take both. Please contact COM distance for cost at 602-2494.

We hope this helps!

Vicky Phillips
Founder – GetEducated.com

jparker wrote:
I'm looking for an online Organic Chemistry class--I do not need the lab. I was also hoping to pay <$500 for it(including all the additional fees that are being tacked on). I've checked OSU ($780), U of OK ($700) and one that was around $1000 for the class plus admission fees and sending in my vaccination record for examination (even though I'm never going to be on campus...) Just the class would be great. U of Utah has nothing. I live in Washington State but there doesn't seem to be a "holding site" for WA online classes.
  • VickyPhillips
  • GetEducated Moderator
  • Thank you received: 1
Get Educated Founder
www.geteducated.com/about-us
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Moderators: Kayleigh
Time to create page: 1.133 seconds
Home | Online Education Articles | Media Coverage | About Us | News Releases | Privacy | Terms of Use | Team Bios | History and Mission | Newsletter | Contact | Advertising