Best Free CLEP Study Guides

• Last Post 30 March 2012
jewell posted this 30 March 2012 - Last edited 24 February 2016

Now that I have decided on an institution to attend and I do not have the college credits required for admissions, I have to take the CLEP exams. My question to you guys is where on the internet I could find some free study material to pass this exam (I cannot afford to pay for study material) for NWCU, if anyone has taken these exams. Please advise.

1 Comments
vicky posted this 30 March 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi Jewell,

Well, the Internet is full of free course materials -- videos and lectures -- from lots of colleges. You will have to match the CLEP to its equivalent college course(s) and view those same lectures.

Here is how I'd self-study for free for the CLEP.

Each CLEP has a free little booklet -- available from the testing service itself --- that describes the content of each exam, gives sample questions, and also lists recommended standard text books to read / consult on the topic. Get those free booklets from educational testing services -- the maker of CLEPs -- and hot foot it to your local library. Your local library should have or be able to get for from inter-library loan standard self study guides to each CLEP. ETS -- the clep test makers -- publishes an official Guide to the CLEP and each CLEP and libraries often carry these self-study guides. Those guides will give more sample questions and outline for you what is covered in each exam.

You can also just go to educational testing online -- http://clep.collegeboard.org/ -- and view / take free sample tests and get more info about textbooks/courses there.

Once you know which CLEP you are taking you can find free open source online courses / videos that will cover the topics relevant to your chosen CLEP exams and help you study along with the free library book guides.

Happy reading -- and let us know how you score!

Vicky Phillips

jewell wrote:

Now that I have decided on an institution to attend and I do not have the college credits required for admissions, I have to take the CLEP exams. My question to you guys is where on the internet I could find some free study material to pass this exam (I cannot afford to pay for study material) for NWCU, if anyone has taken these exams. Please advise.