What Schools Offer Live Online Classes?

• Last Post 26 August 2013
scarlet75 posted this 25 August 2013 - Last edited 24 February 2016

Hi I was wondering if there are any schools that use web cams for discussion times? I like being in class but can't so I'm looking for a school with a more realistic setting. Can any help? thank you

1 Comments
VickyPhillips posted this 26 August 2013 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi Scarlet,

That is a great question!

Unfortunately our surveys do not ask about or track this feature of online degree programs so I cannot advise you on this item. I do not personally know of any online degree programs that routinely uses web cams for real time discussion groups. Most still use threaded asynchornous discussion boards with written questions. Real time video requires good bandwidth and dialing up at the same time is a challenge also for most online students so programs tend to stay with simpler technologies.

I have seen some professors use Google hang outs for classroom chats and advising but do not know of any routinely use web cams.

Are you looking for a particular type of online class or degree?

I will also others to post on this. If you can tell us more about the specific tipic you wish to study this may help.

All the best Vicky

scarlet75 wrote:

Hi I was wondering if there are any schools that use web cams for discussion times? I like being in class but can't so I'm looking for a school with a more realistic setting. Can any help? thank you