SITE SEARCH
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: West Coast High School diploma

West Coast High School diploma 2 years 10 months ago #435

Was looking for free online GED test and ran across "West Coast High School"

took the test and Bam I pasted and all it costed was $266 for my diploma.

That was fast and easy, their web site states they are accredited by:

Distance and Online Universities Accreditation Council?

Can't find them anywhere on the web.

Are they fake or real?

Can I get my money back?

Smoke
  • smoke
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by VickyPhillips.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:West Coast High School diploma 2 years 10 months ago #439

Hi Smoke,

Have you tried checking DOUAC on the CHEA website as both a legal entity or a fake agency? I think you will find that they are not listed as legal. But the first warning bell is that West Coast High School has no physical address nor does DOUAC for that matter. The second is that they are not approved in California (Often considered West Coast!) by BPPE. The third concern is that WCHS contend that they have an International presence but there are no details. Have you tried telephoning WCHS to establish where they are located locally and Internationally? The fourth is that the purported accreditation agency appears to accredit universities not high schools; that is an abnormal feature!

I smell a rat here! Excuse and forgive the pun but it seems like 'smoke and mirrors'. It would be useful if you did some more checking.
  • ndlovu

Re:West Coast High School diploma 2 years 10 months ago #440

Hello Smoke,

West Coast High Schools lists accreditation by the DOUC, Distance

If you check the Get Educated scam list of fake, bogus and suspicious college and education accrediting agencies you'll see the Distance and Online Universities Accreditation Council (DOUAC)on that list now as this "agency" is not recognized as an accrediting agency by CHEA or the US Dept. of Education.

You'll also see that the same web style template is used by West Coast and the DOUC
Likely they are operated by the same entity.

I'd avoid enrolling here if you want a high school diploma that will be recognized anywhere in the USA.

Go to your local library or community college and ask for help finding a real GED prep or online high school to college prep options.

Be careful out there!
Vicky
  • VickyPhillips
  • GetEducated Moderator
  • Thank you received: 1
Get Educated Founder
www.geteducated.com/about-us
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by VickyPhillips.
  • Page:
Moderators: Kayleigh
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds
Home | Online Education Articles | Media Coverage | About Us | News Releases | Privacy | Terms of Use | Team Bios | History and Mission | Newsletter | Contact | Advertising