Is San Francisco University a Diploma Mill?

• Last Post 24 July 2011
willthom59 posted this 24 July 2011 - Last edited 25 February 2016

Does anyone have or know of any information related to a university that goes (or went?) by the name of San Francisco University or San Francisco Technical University? Is it a diploma mill?

1 Comments
VickyPhillips posted this 24 July 2011 - Last edited 22 October 2015

HelloWillThom59,

I have researched both San Francisco University and San Francisco Technical University and can tell you this:

San Francisco Technical University began operation in 2003 and no longer appears to maintain a functional website. The domain is owned now by domainsbyproxy.com until May 2012.

Back in 2008 we have on record this contact data:

San Francisco Technical University 415-462-5691 160 Brannan St San Francisco, CA 94107 sftechnical.org

They appear to have operated a website in 2003-2009 that advertised "unaccredited online degrees."

There is no San Francisco University which holds proper regional or national accreditation. There is a San Francisco State University (public) and a University of San Francisco (private).

Both are regionally accredited (WASC).

I do not think that the San Francisco Technical University exists right now. It is simply a domain name parked for marketing purposes: sftechnical.org

I can tell you that NO university by either name was ever accredited by any agency recognized by the US department of education or www.chea.org.

SEE: Online college accreditation

This means that if you do have online courses or degrees by either "online college" they will not be accepted for use by any properly accredited college in the USA.

Sorry, but these "online schools" look to be unaccredited degree mills which have closed up shop and quickly moved on.

Any one else out there have an update?

Please post!

Vicky Phillips
Founder - Get Educated
Diploma Mill Police