Online Healthcare Administration Certificate

• Last Post 22 August 2013
beccaandwill posted this 22 August 2013 - Last edited 26 February 2016

I am looking for a diploma or certificate online for healthcare administration or something like that. I have a diploma for medical coding and billing. I need it to be accredited, online, and offer student living expenses which come out of my loans from fafsa or something like that. I need it to be at my own pace so that I can finish as fast as I am able to. If someone could help me out or point me in a direction, I would really appreciate it! I am getting discouraged trying to find this on my own and I really want and need to better my life and my child's. Thank you for your time either way!

1 Comments
VickyPhillips posted this 22 August 2013 - Last edited 26 February 2016

Hi Becca,

You must be enrolled in a degree or certificate programs that is accredited by a recognized agency to use government backed student loans or aid programs.

Check out the govt student loan / federal aid Pell Grant eligibility requirements on the US government site

SEE: http://studentaid.ed.gov/eligibility

ALL online programs listed on the Get Educated site meet strict accreditation criteria and are accredited by agencies recognized by the US Dept. of Education.

I assume you have no degree as of yet and would be studying at the undergraduate level?

As such, consider any program that comes up under Online Certificate Undergraduate -- there are 250 options.

View online healthcare administration certificates here. 
View online nursing certificates here. 
View online healthcare certificates here. 

You should also explore online associate degree programs at this point as you have at least 1 certificate in health coding and for administration/management positions a degree is often required as opposed to a certificate.

We profile 170+ online associate degree programs.

View online associate's in healthcare administration here.
View online associates in nursing here.
View online associates in healthcare here. 

SEE: What is an associate's degree for more on this option.

You will also qualify for more types of aid, including income based Pell grants if your enrolled in a degree (as opposed to certificate program)

I'd suggest you explore online colleges that ranks high on affordability like Dakota State University.

DSU has a great online associates degree in heath and information technology.

There is also Iowa Central Community College associate of professional studies in healthcare administration that you may like. 

For more leads on public community colleges in your state that can help you with affordable degrees and local career counseling, try our big list of community colleges online.

Good Luck!

Vicky