Accredited Online Sonography Programs

• Last Post 04 December 2012
besamartini posted this 04 December 2012 - Last edited 15 March 2016

I am looking for Masters online but I haven't been able to find, which Masters is the best for Sonographers?

1 Comments
VickyPhillips posted this 04 December 2012 - Last edited 15 March 2016

Hi BeSamara,

View online degrees in radiology and sonography. Within them we have 4 master's but none speifically in sonography.

I am doing an extended search for you for some 100% online programs for you BUT as this field requires supervised experience and professional medical certification I am not optimistic that there is any 100% option in this career area at the masters degree program level.

There are associate's and bachelor's in medical imaging for working professionals employed in health facilities.

I did find that Mountain State University used to offer online associates, bachelors and certificates in sonography but they are no longer admitting students. SEE: http://www.mountainstate.edu/academics/health-sciences/diagnostic-medical-sonography/index.aspx

There are many levels of medical certification for different types of sonography and for different educational levels for radiology practitioners.

We profile both a bachelor's and certificate in sonography:

Kirtland Community College Vascular Sonography Certificate

Misericordia University BS Diagnostic Medical Sonography

Both are offered 100% online.

Can you tell use your current eduction degree level; if you have any credentials or certifications at all now in the area of medical imaging, radiology or sonography; where do you live and work -- what country and state?

If you can give us more details we will try and find an online degree that may match your needs.

All the best
Vicky