Will NYC Employers Accept TX Online Degrees?

• Last Post 04 May 2015
lovelee314 posted this 16 April 2015 - Last edited 15 March 2016

Hello, So I'm a bit confused. I've been looking into online degrees (specifically an MBA) and I came across affordable MBA degrees such as West Texas A&M Uni. I am from New Jersey, and I work in NYC. The school/program is AACSB accredited, but will the metropolitan area accept/recognize a degree that is from another region? What is the best way to make my choice? Online schools in this area are extremely expensive. How would I be able to figure this out? Has anyone gotten a degree from a different region and had any problems with jobs accepted the degree? Please let me know! Thank you!

1 Comments
Kayleigh posted this 04 May 2015 - Last edited 26 October 2015

Hello,

GREAT question!

Generally, employers think about 3 things when considering your online degree:

• Is the college 300 miles or more from where you live?
  • Does your college also have a brick and mortar campus?
  • Is your program AACSB or regionally accredited?

You've already said that the program you're considering is AACSB accredited so that's great!

West Texas A&M University also operates a brick and mortar campus so that's another check mark.

Finally, the school IS over 300 miles from New York City BUT Texas A&M is a very well known and highly respected university so employers will have heard about the school and are familiar with the brand which is why this factor is important. Again, I'd say you're in the clear here.

Find our more about factors that affect online degree reputation or watch our video:

Also make sure to check out GetEducated's exclusive Best Buy AACSB Online MBA Rankings for more affordable and prestigious options.

Good luck!

Kayleigh
GetEducated.com